Monday 20 January 2014

Bellydancing Art Project - Sketches and Test Animation


Bellydancer Sketches

I've begun to create some sketches of a bellydancer.  The idea is to exaggerate the gesture lines and contours thereby heighten the sensuality of the dance.  It's my intention to emphasise the movement of the dancer.  I felt this could be done by observing he detail line drawing of the skirt.
 
It initially appears to work as an art piece. The next stage will to redo the sketches with much more  emphasis on gesture lines.  I need to tighten up on some details such as the hair, and the inking of the skirt, and perhaps maybe add colour.
 
A few of my bellydancer sketches can be seen below.





 


 



Bellydancing Test Animation
 
I am also creating an animation to promote the collection.  I've imported some of the sketches as key frames into Adobe Flash Cs6.  First impressions are obviously, the lack of smoothness between the frames, lack of clarity with the line drawings and lack of colour.  
 
I am still unsure about using line drawings within this animation.  I think I am going to try and get at least 2-3 seconds of smooth animation and see how that looks. The goal will be to shoot in 'two's' so one drawing for every two frames.  Therefore I will be requiring at least 36 drawings.  I've already done 10 so another 26 to go!
 
If the test movement and timing looks fine then I will tighten up on the details and colouring. 

See test animatiom below.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment